SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION RULES AND REGULATIONS
Eligibility – A full-time student who has completed their freshman year in college, or a Second or Third year student currently enrolled in a full accredited College or University. Applicant must be a full time student in good academic standing. Applicants must be members of MVTTC or the dependent of a member of MVTTC.
Selection – The MVTTC Scholarship Committee will select scholarships on a basis of merit.
- The scholarship must be used at an accredited college or university.
- The student must be continuing in the course of study at the college or university, in the fall of the same year the scholarship is awarded.
- The MVTTC will forward the scholarship stipend, as a lump sum, to the college or university for deposit in the account of the student.
- In cases where the student’s studies or admission are delayed or interrupted for any reason, the Secretary must be advised immediately, and may result in forfeiture.
- Students must maintain a 3.0 average or better to retain the scholarship.
- Students may reapply each year for the term of their college education.
- One scholarship award per student, no repeat recipients.
- A current resume with work experience and any extracurricular activities, noting any leadership positions.
- A recommendation or evaluation from a Counselor, Teacher or Professor must be included with the application.
- A brief essay (1 to 2 pages) describing the Student’s objectives for College and Career must be submitted with this application.
- Copy of SAT/ACT scores
- Copy of current high school or college transcripts
Application Forms – The application along with attachments must be in the MVTTC office by June 15, 2017.
365 Canal Street, Suite 1190
New Orleans, LA 70130
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com